Monday, May 3, 2010

Does the size of the burger count?

Does the size of the burger have to be big to be rated as good, or the best? When is a burger too big?
A burger spilling out its toppings is no better, than one that I can get my mouth around. Here are burgers all good, but the smaller ones I find as good as the towers or squirt burgers as I like to call them.
My Texas travels yielded this beauty a Whataburger.
I am partial to a Whataburger. They are very good and very reasonable. A double is about as big as I want to shove into my face. 2 patties of 100% pure American beef with mustard, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and onions, add cheese to kick it up a notch. They will dress it however you like even add jalapeno's.

When visiting Florida, I can hardly wait till I get my first Checker burger.
Checkers Big Buford is a real deal for a very good hamburger. You can get 2 for $5, which is, the price of one sold at most other hamburger joints. This signature burger is two juicy, all-beef patties and two slices of American cheese on a toasted bun. It’s loaded with mayonnaise, ketchup, pickles, onions, crisp lettuce, tomatoes and mustard, all very fresh. They also have excellent French Fries.

In-N-Out Hamburger primarily a California family business.
California’s finest family owned business, one that has grown primarily via word-of-mouth, with very little advertising. Two 100% beef patties, lettuce, tomato, spread similar to thousand island, and two slices of cheese. You can get with raw or grilled onions.

HoDad Burger is a mammoth. Hodad's has been recognized as one of the top 5 burger joints in the country by CNN.
You need to unhinge your jaw, to get your mouth around this squirt burger. Wear a bib.
Although I have never had one, it is doubtful that I will lose sleep over a burger that is twice as big as the mouth it needs to fit in. All burgers come with; Lettuce tomato, pickle, onion, mayo, mustard, and ketchup unless you say otherwise.
A double cheese burger will cost $7.50. Big burg, big price.

The Big Mac® from the Golden Arches is a tasty burger.
It is freely available everywhere, so that makes it not so much a treat. This is the burger on the fly, when time is of the essence and of course, you just received; a two for the price of one….coupon. I like a Big Mac on occasion but don’t find them very filling. An hour later, I am hungry again. I refer to it as Chinese food, the twenty minute filler.

You can usually find an excellent hamburger in your own town.
Here is our home town Hero from Yen's Chinese in Waterford, Ontario.
Perhaps a burger tastes better when they are not freely available, sort of like what a cow would say....if it could talk, "that grass looks greener on the otherside of the fence".

I have never found a burger I disliked. Only ones I like better, than the last one. I just don’t fathom; that dripping condiments down my arm makes for a better hamburger.

No comments:

Post a Comment