Thursday, July 16, 2009

A roadfood junkie beer review

Roadfood junkie while surfing for information regarding a good White Ale happened to hit upon a beer review site (a forum). I don’t know what the heck the review is talking about, I am not sure whether to laugh, or shake my head in confusion. I have come to the conclusion after reading the beer review over several times, that the writer has inspirations of becoming a politician and practicing fork tongue conversation.


Roadfood junkie warns you up front,the following is not my writing but some beer connoisseur wannabe whose write-up I have copied and pasted below. You will shake your head like a bobble doll and walk away talking to yourself as I did. Nothing has been changed, neither spelling, nor grammatical errors.


The Beer Review
For a Molson product it’s pretty good considering the route they are trying to go down. But this is no more than a poorman’s White. I could realistically rate this anywhere between 1.8 and 2.8. I wouldn’t even put a bottle of this on the same table as most others but I am very happy that I am not assaulted by ripe bananas cause that is just freaking annoying after awhile. I’ve had this on tap before but this review is from the White poured out of a bottle. Decent Metamucil appearance and a large white cap (too rocky) that has steady retension just above total surface cover with so-so spotty and minor ropy lacing. I was very suprised to see a bunch of brown sediment pour out into the crown. I remember the aroma on tap being alot better. This is an odd citrus scent with cardboard, something spicy (not sure if it is coriander) but maybe has a nutty quality - not too sure about that as there is something here that I cannot nail down. I know there was more lemon scent on tap. Taste is fake in comparision to anything else of the style. The dominant fruit flavour would be oranges. There is a decent ammount of spices as well. The flavour finishes with some sourness. Mouthfeel is fairly smooth with ample carbonation. Finishes with a slight spice and a bit more bitterness than expected but overall it’s not a bad thing. With all the negative things said, this is still a drinkable beer, but I cannot see myself bothering ordering it. I’ll order a Rickards Red and be less dissapointed....but still dissapointed. Now I’m wondering if a 1.9 is too generous...I think it is. As a Wheat Ale this is 86% crap and obviously a terrible attempt to copy the style. As an alternate to other brews from the big 2 breweries here in Canada this is a decent product and I’m glad to see some progression towards flavourful beer. Per style this is a very low end beer. As for drinkablity and enjoyment it does pretty good. I’ve rated on style.


I believe,I have been too generous in my expectations and review of my favorite beverage.

So the next time I want a beer,I am going to consider the crown that is not too rocky but with a decent Metamucil with a large white cap that has retentions and minor roping with a so-so spotty that is not fake on the mouth feel so I will be less disappointed. As for drinkability and enjoyment it does pretty good but is crap.


For more great Ontario reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment